Get involved, make a change, be the change, and move your society forward towards a progressive electoral system.
"I Love My Vote" is a Lebanese initiative which aims to contribute to reforming the Lebanese electoral system. The need to implement a new reformed law is urgent. Many elements of the current election structure are unfair, support undemocratic practices, and are preventing (or slowing) Lebanon's development as an open, transparent, effective, and democratic country.
The ILMV Initiative is involved in organizing workshops, trainings, competitions, and a bus trip all over Lebanon to engage young people and all citizens in fun and informative election reform activities. Join us! You will be working with a fun, creative, and dedicated team to promote positive change in Lebanon, and join a growing group of activists to push for a better electoral system.
Individuals in Lebanon:
Are you active, interested in promoting positive social change, and want to participate in improving your society’s electoral system? You can...
- help us organize activities in your village, university, organization, or region
- attend workshops and debate sessions about electoral reform
- submit your own design for what you think would be the best and most appropriate ballot for Lebanon (we will present the top ones to various civil society organizations and the Lebanese government and parliament!)
- suggest improvements for the kind of ballot you would like to vote with
To get involved or for more info please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Register with us to receive all our events updates: http://www.ilovemyvote.org/registration
Non-Governmental Organizations and Civil Society in Lebanon:
We are looking to collaborate with a wide variety of organizations across Lebanon working on a variety of election reform issues in order to support those various causes, help spread ideas and educate more people on election reform issues, and maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of election reform activities in Lebanon. Election laws in Lebanon need a lot of reform, and we'll all achieve more if we work more together. By partnering with the ILMV Initiative, we can:
- collaborate to organize events big and small about election reform activities and events
- include coverage from your organization about the issues you care about in Hibr (distributed to 20,000 people monthly)
- coordinate on election reform lobbying efforts
- share education and reform materials and plans, so we can have maximum effectiveness in our various educational activities, and reach the most number of people on the range of important election reform topics
Contact us so we can discuss possible partnership strategies: email@example.com
Media coverage is essential in educating the Lebanese population about election reform issues, problems with the current system, and the plusses and minuses of different election reform options. The ILMV Initiative is fun, vibrant, creative, and inclusive, and will be a fun activity for both the journalists and your readers/viewers to participate in and know about. Both traditional and new media outlets are welcome, and we welcome large-scale, regional, and local community media projects to join us.
- cover the ILMV Initiative in a particular location, or on the road...
- contribute coverage of previous elections (in Lebanon and abroad) that we could use to make videos and other educational materials about elections and election reform issues, of course crediting your media outlet whenever material from your outlet is used
Please contact us for more information or to discuss ways to collaborate: firstname.lastname@example.org
Embassies and International Organizations:
We are looking to partner with a wide variety of embassies in Lebanon to learn from other country experiences, gather ballots or other election materials from other countries, collect media coverage from abroad, and to engage the embassy staff in discussions about different election systems, best (and not best) practices, and other ideas.
If you work at a foreign embassy in Lebanon, please contact us so we can arrange a meeting to discuss ideas about how we can engage your embassy and your home country: email@example.com
Are you interested in or working in this topic but happen to be abroad? We would love your help!
The ILMV Initiative started in Lebanon, but we are developing it into a tool valuable for election reform advocates worldwide. We are building up this website and our activities to help people access information, share ideas, documents, and experiences to help push these important issues forward any time, and any place. As such, we also need your help. We are inviting people and groups worldwide to contribute to this project in a variety of ways...
- find, scan, upload, and tag ballots from elections around the world, national or local, for elected offices or for initiatives put to the public for a vote
- contribute information about electoral systems in your country and around the world that would be beneficial to refer to that you would like to share with us?
- track media coverage of election and election reform issues, especially ballot issues, and upload them or link to them on the site (if you archive media coverage in print, video, or other multimedia, please contact us so we can discuss other ways of coordinating)
If you are part of an international organization or a local organization in another country and are working on similar issues, please contact us so we can discuss possible ways of collaborating on the website, or sharing content or best practices. If you are working on (or interested in working on) election reform issues in Lebanon, please contact us to discuss possibe ways to collaborate on a lighter or deeper level (logistics, organizing events or activities, facilities, advising, trainers, professionals, sharing documents, brochures, experience, information dissemination, or funding).
Please contact us for more information or to discuss ideas: firstname.lastname@example.org